Saturday, May 15, 2010

Reflection...

In 12 days, I'll be 25... I'm not sure how I feel about that. As I count down to yet another birthday, I'm surrounded by the "where am I going?", "what am I doing?", "WHO AM I???" feelings of it all. Sometimes I feel like I'll never know those answers. Most of you who are older than me will say, "oh, you're still young, you have plenty of time left to figure all that out..." And while that may be true... it also may not be... I mean, how many of us know EXACTLY how much time we have left on this planet?

This very question got me thinking..... I have NO CLUE what I'm doing on this earth... but it's obvious to me that God isn't finished with me yet, otherwise I wouldn't still be here.

So I've decided that I CAN and WILL succeed at doing whatever it is that God wants me to do. Maybe I'm not the BEST mini maker... maybe I WON'T be a millionaire one day... but I'm me... and that's all I can be.

So, "HELLO 25 years, nice to meet ya... lets go for a ride!" :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi - I'm over twice your age, and the one thing I've learned is to take every opportunity to do well. It doesn't matter how old you are; for everything thrown in your way take the good and build on it. Then when you are old you won't have the regret of 'I never did anything' or 'I don't even have mistakes to look back on' or 'I could have . . .'.
    Fill your life with joy! That is valid whether you are 25 or 75!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday a bit early. I am 47 and wonder this same thing all the time and I feel more of an urgency than you do! As Glenda says, look for and try to have joy along the journey. Best advice you could get. Oh, and DH and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage next month.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get your address and its on its way......Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Birthday, remember you are a unique person with your whole life ahead of you to explore :-). by the way do you still fancy swapping for my little green mad hatter hat if you do just email me kat@corylus-urbs.demon.co.uk Kat the hat lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disfrute los años y la vida, somos afortunados de estar aquí, sea cual sea nuestra misión.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your birthday was wonderful.

    As far as figuring it all out, I don't think you have to. We have to be willing to follow where God may lead us. Life is a beautiful adventure when we trust Him as our guide. The fact that you acknowledged Him in this post is a good sign that you are going to be A-OK :)

    ReplyDelete